Note to wife: W0rld Cup 2006 G3rm4ny.
1. From 9 June to 9 July 2006, you should read the sports section of the newspaper so that you are aware of what is going on regarding the W0rld Cup, and that way you will be able to join in the conversations. If you fail to do this, then you will be looked at in a bad way, or you will be totally ignored. DO NOT complain about not receiving any attention.
2. During the W0rld Cup, the television is mine, at all times, without any exceptions. If you even take a glimpse of the remote control, you will lose it (your eye).
3. If you have to pass by in front of the TV during a game, I don't mind, as long as you do it crawling on the floor and without distracting me.
4. During the games I will be blind, deaf and mute, unless I require a refill of my drink or something to eat. You are out of your mind if you expect me to listen to you, open the door, answer the telephone.
5. It would be a good idea for you to keep at least 2 six packs in the fridge at all times, as well as plenty of things to nibble on, and please do not make any funny faces to my friends when they come over to watch the games. In return, you will be allowed to use the TV in the afternoon, unless they replay a good game that I missed.
6. Please, please, please!! If you see me upset because one of my teams is losing, DO NOT say "get over it, its only a game", or "don't worry, they'll win next time". If you say these things, you will only make me angrier and I will love you less. Remember, you will never ever know more about football than me and your so called "words of encouragement" will only lead to a divorce.
7. You are welcome to sit with me to watch one game and you can talk to me during halftime but only when the commercials are on, and only if the halftime score is pleasing me. In addition, please note I am saying "one" game; hence do not use the W0rld Cup as a nice cheesy excuse to "spend time together".
8. The replays of the goals are very important. I don't care if I have seen them or I haven't seen them, I want to see them again. Many times.
9. Tell your friends NOT to have any babies, or any other child related parties or gatherings that requires my attendance because:
a) I will not go,
b) I will not go, and
c) I will not go.
10. But, if a friend of mine invites us to his house on a Sunday to watch a game, we will be there in a flash.
11. The daily W0rld Cup highlights show on TV every night is just as important as the games themselves. Do not even think about saying "but you have already seen this...why don't you change the channel to something we can all watch?" because, the reply will be, "Refer to Rule ..2 of this list".
12. And finally, please save your expressions such as "Thank God the W0rld Cup is only every 4 years". I am immune to these words, because after this comes the Champions League, Italian League, Spanish League, Premier League, FA Cup, etc.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Your Loving Hubby.
hahahaha...as if only men gets La Copa De La Vida's fever! I am excited juga about the WC, altho' I do not know siapa main first game, country mana in Team A, Team B...coz frankly, as of now, I haven't decided on which team I'll be rooting for. Which team yang ada paling banyak sexiest players eh?? *ngehehehehe*
Anyway, not much different in my love life pun, WC or no WC. Haven't seen him in ages. With WC coming up, that's another month of only handphone as a mode of communication between us. Great. I do not anticipate meeting him anyhow, it builds my hope which awaits to be shattered. I rather not hope, therefore if it happens, ok bagus. Tak jadi pun tak apa. There's always AF season 4, there's always WC. And there's always sahabat2. Dan keluarga. Dan gathering 17th june. (SSPians, make sure, make sure datang!!!). Gonna try to keep my mind off him. Tahukah kau disini ku pun terluka...melupakan mu, menafikan mu...maafkan aku..
Korang, demam bola boleh tak dapat mc?